This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Data usage discrepancy

Recently, I have discovered that my data usage has been excessive.  Consistently, I have been using about 10-15 GB per day and about 300 GB per month.  Now, as of mid-February, I am using 50-100+ GB per day and I am currently at 1.3 TB used.   

I've worked in a data center and the IT industry for many years and performed the following:

-Reset my WIFI password to another cryptic and long password

-Enabled traffic monitor on my router.  To elaborate, my router indicated I've used about 5.7 GB of data and Cox says I used 50 GB.

-Verified all attached devices  to my router and mines and firmware upgraded.

-Executed nmap from external to my home IP and verified I don't have any dangling open ports.

-Reset my router MAC and reset my modem to pick up a new IP.

-Exchanged my Cox modem for a new modem.

--

Any ideas?  My apps and devices are all monitored and everything is normal.   6 GB  daily usage vs 50 GB and 300 GB monthly trend to 1.3+ TB?

Parents
No Data
  • There is no explanation. Historically, I used about 300 gigs a month, then last November or December my usage according to Cox shot up to 50 gigs a day. I changed out my router/modem, changed my password, had techs out to my house 3 times and nothing helped. I don't stream tv or music, I may watch YouTube a little but there is no way I used 50 gigs a day ever. Last month, my usage went back to normal but 2 days ago, Cox said that I used 50 gigs again. Please post if you find an answer.

Children
No Data