Forum Discussion

Saxworld
New Contributor III
6 years ago

Atrocious packet loss with no fix and constant blame towards AWS servers

I do not know how to explain this any better. The packet loss here is unplayable. I'm going to keep this very simple by saying: 1. I love to game. 2. I love to stream my gameplay. 3. It's impossible.

Please don't waste my time by asking for stupid tracer routes etc. because we all already know the issue is in your service. It can't possibly be a personal issue when there are hundreds of people on this forum with the same problem. Just type in the search bar: Packet loss while playing fortnite. 

Things I have already attempted:

• New high-end gaming router.
  • New modem
  • New LAN cable
  • New $2000 PC (To ensure there is no problem in my equipment.)

What's interesting is the fact that upon using a VPN, my packet loss was absolutely gone. Hmm, I wonder if this supports the fact that the issue is in the service itself. I would simply play with the VPN, but the problem is that of course, it causes high ping.

Here is a video of my gameplay with just cox's service (sorry for the quality was in a rush):

Let's see what COX support can cook up this time in response to my claim and I swear if this man asks me for a god *** tracer route or ping plotter again.....

I guess I'll just have to change ISP's.

6 Replies

Saxworld
    New Contributor III

it wasn't letting me post the video: here it is: drive.google.com/open (Make sure to watch the top left corner and play at 1080p so you can actually read the numbers.)

Morgan1982
      Contributor II

Epic just addressed this, i just made a post on it. They have found the problem and are looking to have it fixed by the next update. Its an issue with the packets not arriving in order and being discarded. 

www.google.com/.../

Saxworld
        New Contributor III

Yeah I heard about that but I was curious as to why this issue persists in only cox and not other isps. Like all the big streamers don’t seem to be getting any packet loss.