Forum Discussion

verticx
New Contributor II
6 years ago

Daily Outages

I live in Zip Code 89110 in Las Vegas. Cox has had connection issues in the past but nothing like this. the most annoying thing is seeing ads for "faster gigablast internet"  long time customer but it feels as if Im being forced to upgrade internet connections. LV has a couple new ISPs guess its time to shop.

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    verticx
    New Contributor II

I have had the last 3 days of on/off connectivity, does cox reduce the difference on my monthly bill?

KevinM2
      Former Moderator
      Hi Verticx, Cox remains committed to an open internet experience for everyone, and Cox does not throttle data. We are deeply sorry for the ongoing outages over the last few days. During an outage, we have a maintenance team working as quickly as possible to restore services to the area. We understand these outages can cause a lot of frustration and headache. If you'd like for us to look at this in greater detail, please feel free to reach out to us at cox.help@cox.com. -Kevin M. Cox Support Forum Moderator
        verticx
        New Contributor II

I didn't have service for at least the last 3 days, its pretty stupid to call it a headache when in reality its just a waste of money. How about days I have interrupted services I get a discount on my bill? When I pay monthly I expect 1 month worth of connection, for 3 days I had to leave my house and pay elsewhere (internet cafe) . Your lack of options on your website to cancel services is a disgusting tactic. I Have been paying for Cox digital phone because we were told 3 years ago we needed it to use the internet. One of your employees recently told me differently and acted offended when I asked to cancel a service I haven't used in 3 years. OH CLOSED SUNDAYS guess I cant cancel this phone services that was forced upon me until a good time for cox. I definitely see the business model, we are already paying for a dumb amount of stuff and cox still finds the need to steal from customers. Every rep that I have talked to says " I see how that could be a problem" no ***.