Forum Discussion

Morgan1982
Contributor II
6 years ago

Could this cause issues?

Anybody know if this could cause an issue on my service? Its not my house  but is the neighbors right next door. If a moderator is reading this could you check my line noise? Cant say for sure if its causing "an issue" because i currently have packet loss all the time. Just want to make sure this is going to make my problems worse.

14 Replies

• Hi Morgan1982,

I can get a tech appointment setup for you. They can investigate your service troubles as well as take a closer look at that ped. Please email cox.help@cox.com. Please include your full name, address, link to this forum thread, your availability, and your contact number.

Thank you,
    Nichole
    Cox Support Forum Moderator

Morgan1982
      Contributor II

Its not on my property, its the property east of mine in the front yard. Text support said they're sending a tech to come and fix it

Morgan1982
      Contributor II

My packet loss issue is not at my residence, ive had plenty of tech visits. Take a look at your forums and you will see this is a bigger issue than a tech visit. Nobody can pinpoint the exact issue but im just making sure other problems arent going to cause more issues to my service. 

CurtB
        Valued Contributor III

Morgan, has an internal Cox technician climbed the pole and checked the tap with testing equipment?  Recently after switching from a failed EMTA 3.0 modem to a 3.1, I  experienced issues.  Running new cable from the pole to my house didn't solve the issue.  It wasn't until a faulty tap at the pole was identified and replaced that the hardware problem was solved.