Forum Discussion

Blackburn
New Contributor
6 years ago
Solved

Xbox one x upload

I have a Xbox one x and gigablast , it is directly wired in with all ports forward required by microsoft. When I do a speed test it's 900mbs down 2.5mbs up. I've tried the 400$ nighthawk router And the linksis xB specific router. Notht has got my upload over 3mbs.

OpenBSD
    6 years ago

It's not broken. The speed test Microsoft uses connects to XBOX live to run speed test to those servers. Since Cox is throttling download and upload speeds to specific gaming endpoint servers you will get poor gaming performance. This has been the cases since net neutrality was repealed in 2018.

The other speed tests done through the browser isn't connecting to a gaming servers hence proper upload and download speeds.

6 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Morgan1982
    Contributor II

Same thing happens to me but when I use the browser it shows my Max upload speed around 30 gbps and that's what I pay for

Morgan1982
    Contributor II

Do a speed test using the browser on the xbx, the built is one is i think is broken.

OpenBSD
      Contributor II

It's not broken. The speed test Microsoft uses connects to XBOX live to run speed test to those servers. Since Cox is throttling download and upload speeds to specific gaming endpoint servers you will get poor gaming performance. This has been the cases since net neutrality was repealed in 2018.

The other speed tests done through the browser isn't connecting to a gaming servers hence proper upload and download speeds.

CarolLM
        Former Moderator
        At Cox, we are committed to providing an open Internet experience. We do not block, throttle, or otherwise interfere with customers’ desire to go where they want on the Internet including gaming sites. If you're having trouble with your gaming experience and a specific service please reach out to us on Facebook, Twitter or email at cox.help@cox.com and we'll be happy to assist you. -Thanks, Carol
    Blackburn
    New Contributor

When I do it on the browser it 900/35. But xbl is almost uplayable. 

• Have you had any luck getting his fixed? I have the SAME EXACT PROBLEM. It is only with my xbox, and only affecting the upload... I am getting 300+ download and 1-4 upload... That is wireless, wired to the router and even wired directly to the modem.

All other devices are connecting fine, but this problem affects the multiplayer games online... COX PLEASE HELP. This is apparently a common problem (just google "xbox one upload cox" and you see a long list of reported issues starting back in Nov 2018.

What has happened COX? I used to be very proud of my internet and happy with your service.. Lately, it has been terrible.