Forum Discussion

Coastie
New Contributor
11 years ago
Solved

Can I keep email account?

If I drop Cox, can I still keep my cox email address or no?

• Trikein is correct, the account would stay open for 60 days once service is disconnected but would be shut off after if it was not moved to a active service or a put in a seasonal disconnect or virtual account depending on the market. Those would keep the email active aslong as they are tied to it.

5 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Trikein
    Contributor III

Short answer: No

Not for free anyway. You can pay a small amount, basically what you would pay if you went on vacation and wanted to keep your account in "Seasonal". It just has to be known ahead of time, before the disconnection.

EdwardH
    Valued Contributor

Trikein is correct, the account would stay open for 60 days once service is disconnected but would be shut off after if it was not moved to a active service or a put in a seasonal disconnect or virtual account depending on the market. Those would keep the email active aslong as they are tied to it.

Trikein
    Contributor III

Oh it stays open for 60 days after a normal disconnect? Is that a standard national practice? I guess you learn something new every day. :-) 

EdwardH
    Valued Contributor

Yes, it changed in the last 2 years or so to allow a window for accounts to be moved or assumed if dates did not match on transferring of service or other issues.-Ed

Trikein
    Contributor III

Well thats nice of Cox to do. They just earned brownie points in my book.