Forum Discussion

will_ditch_cox_
New Contributor III
6 years ago

Does anyone know what timezone the data usage meter is based on?

What timezone is the data usage meter based on?  I have noticed that it resets before midnight in my timezone before midnight.

It is absurd that cox doesn't offer up to the minute bandwidth monitoring for a wired service. 

I never thought Cox would turn into Comcast/ATT after being with them for almost 40 years.  I can't wait for 300-400mbps unlimited 5g service (currently offered for $50 per month by a major carrier).

4 Replies

will_ditch_cox_
      New Contributor III

Hi Kevin, my concerns are that Cox's data cap money grab is taking money from unsuspecting users.  There is no justification for a data cap.  A 15 minute drive away  from me, Spectrum Cable has no data usage caps.

The data usage meter is so unreliable that it actually looks like it's not based on my time zone.  That's why I asked this question.

I installed a custom script on my router that gives me per device bandwidth usage.  I have seen gross inaccuracies with the bandwidth meter.

Radon
      New Contributor II

Kevin, I just read both of your posted articles, I missed the part that answers his question as to if Cox syncs the data meter with the users time zone? 

Becky
        Hi Radon, the data presented in the Cox Data Usage Meter is based on the user’s local time zone. -Becky, Cox Support Forums Moderator