Forum Discussion

bobc170
New Contributor
6 years ago

Terrible Upload Packet Loss Providence, RI Area

Hi,

I am experiencing awful upload packet loss that happens around every night around 10pm and does not go away until the next day. During the day, games are playable with around 1-5% upload packet loss. However, like clock work once around 10 - 10:30 rolls around, the packet loss is anywhere between 20 - 100% and anything that requires upload (games, video chats, etc) are literally unusable. I called cox and they said they're having issues in my area and have received other calls about this. I had the tech come to my house and all of my equipment is fine. This randomly started a few weeks ago and has not gotten any better. I was wondering what was being done about this or what usually is the cause/solution and how long it takes to start experiencing high quality internet around the clock again.

6 Replies

MaryF
    Former Moderator
    Hello Bobc170,

I am showing that there was an issue in your area, but showing that the issue was resolved today. I understand that the issue happens at night. If the issue returns, please email us at cox.help@cox.com with your name and street address so we can further assist.

Mary
    Cox Support Forums Moderator
      bobc170
      New Contributor

no the problem is anything but resolved. still going on tonight even though the tech said they had partially resolved it. This is getting extremely frustrating and has been going on for over a month. 

Becky
        Hi Bobc170, please post traceroutes, WinMTR results, or PingPlotter results showing packet loss. -Becky, Cox Support Forums Moderator