Forum Discussion

BesmirkedMerc
New Contributor
6 years ago

Is the chat with customer support broken for everyone

Only way to contact support in my area seems to be text based chat with sms. The app isn’t working and my internet is the worst it’s ever been since upgrading to gigablast. Is there some issues in Phoenix area I am not being informed about?

3 Replies

• BesmirkedMerc, I haven't seen any reports of chat or the app being broken and I am unable to identify your account based off of your forum credentials. I'll need some additional information in order to review your internet connection. Please reach us on Twitter at @CoxHelp, visit us on Facebook, or email cox.help@cox.com. Whichever way you chose to reach out, please include a link to this thread in your correspondence. -ColleenD, Cox Support Forums Moderator
    yak
    Contributor III

I am in Phoenix and not having any problems today (or this week).  Chat Support has never been as good as Phone Support.  You can get them at 623-594-1000 but you have to press a few buttons.   Cox has other Support numbers.  I use 866-961-0315.   You can tell if the problem is severe by the length of time you have to hold.  Sometimes there is a recording saying "There is a problem in your area" based on your area code.

OpenBSD
    Contributor II

I don't use the app so I can't comment on that. I'm unable to contact Cox via live chat from their website though. The link to live support on the contact us Cox web page is the exact same link as call us. On the forums here to the right side, there is a "Need more help?" section which has "Get Help Via Live Chat" and that link doesn't open up a chat window. Not sure what's going on with the live chat but I'm unable to find an actual link that will open a live chat window with Cox. If someone has an valid link I would be interested in it.