Forum Discussion

HomerG
New Contributor
6 years ago

iPhone text message to Cox e-mail not working

I used to be able to send an MMS text using the iPhone Message app to my Cox e-mail account. This no longer works. The iPhone says "Delivered", but it never shows up on my PC that uses Microsoft Outlook, or in Cox Webmail. Strangely enough, I CAN send an e-mail from the PC to my phone text app, addressing it as <10 digit phone #>@MMS.ATT.Net and the Message app receives it. But even if I reply to that, it does not show up in Cox e-mail. I'm not sure where it's getting lost: Apple iPhone, AT&T, Cox, or Microsoft Outlook. Apple blamed AT&T, AT&T blamed Apple. Both said they see no problems with my accounts, so I'm moving on to Cox in my search for a solution. I was able to send an MMS to another persons Hotmail account, but I'm not certain which e-mail app he is using.

5 Replies

• Hi HomerG, I am able to send text messages from my iPhone Message app to my Cox.net email account without difficulty. What are your current Webmail Spam settings? Be sure that Webmail isn't automatically deleting spam; change it to No Spam Filtering or Automatically deliver to Spam folder. Also, save the @MMS.ATT.Net address in your Webmail contact list. Since you are also using Outlook, be sure to save the @MMS.ATT.Net address in your Outlook contacts, and make sure Outlook isn't filing the email in the Trash or Junk Mail folder. -Becky, Cox Support Forums Moderator
      HomerG
      New Contributor

I don't normally use Cox webmail unless I'm away from home. I'm using Microsoft Outlook 2013 in Windows 10. I've saved the @mms.att.net address in both the Contacts and the Safe Senders lists. The text message does not show up in the Inbox, Junk E-Mail or Trash folders. I created a GMail webmail account for myself and that does work fine, just like my friend's Hotmail.

MaryF
        Former Moderator
        Hello HomerG,

If you have not done this yet, please log into the Cox website and check your Filter Rules, Blocked Senders, and Spam Settings. We want to ensure that your Cox email address is not being filtered or blocked due to your current settings.

Mary
        Cox Support Forums Moderator
    duffer_5
    New Contributor

I have been calling and calling Cox to get this fixed.  They assigned an ticket number CUI000007461929.   But no one at upper level tech support will even look at the ticket.   No one can send text message from an ATT phone to a Cox.net email address.  It is not IPHONE only.  It is any phone. I have had the tech on the phone confirm it with their on ATT phone.  This is a network wide problem not limited to one user or one type of phone.   NO ONE seems to want to fix the issue.   you can send from your ATT phone to Gmail, etc just fine.  Cox is the problem.  You can send from MetroPCS, USCelluar, and others to Cox.net, just not from ATT. 

Becky
      Hi Duffer.5, I reached out to our email administrators to find out what information is needed to move your ticket forward. We'll let you know as soon as we have further details. -Becky, Cox Support Forums Moderator