Forum Discussion

JMLewis
New Contributor II
6 years ago

Webmail STILL not working - over a year - disgusting

• Hi LisaH,

RedSport00 jumped in the thread and you responded to him/her so I am guessing you did not notice my reply. In regards to your questions see my answers below:

Let me clarify all of the steps I'm taking: 1) Go to link: https://idm.east.cox.net/coxlogin/ui/myemail 2) I get the Login prompt, put in my login info (user id & password), press Sign In button 3) Screen web address changes to https://myemail.cox.net/appsuite/# , goes white and spins for 1-2 minutes and comes back with "Connection timed out. Please try reloading the page." 

To answer your questions, I have a 2018 model laptop with SSD so it's really fast.  I get [not anymore] my email online through the internet browser by logging into Cox Webmail - but that hasn't happened since May 2018.

As I mentioned in my earlier post, cookies & cache cleared, entire browsing history cleared, tried Mozilla/Firefox, Internet Explorer and even Microsoft Edge browsers. All return the same results.  I even got a new laptop and STILL the same thing. After an hour on the phone with Cox Tech Support running through all the aforementioned clearing and browser attempt scenarios (back in July), the tech suddenly disappeared from the line without resolving the issue - the phone literally went silent with no response from the other side. After two minutes of "hello? hello? Can you hear me? hello?" I hung up. Never received a call back from tech support saying, "oh, hey the line dropped..."

Interestingly, the "Connection timed out" error only appears when logging into Cox Webmail - all other websites load perfectly fine - no "timed out" errors or slowness - only Cox Webmail does this. Even logging into my Cox Account is fine - ONLY the Cox Webmail does this.  As I said, I pay for Cox Premium Service - my download speed using the Cox Internet Speed Online Test site reports 165.4Mbps download speed and 10.7 Mbps upload speed. It's ridiculous to pay nearly $100/mo for a service that does not open your webmail. With all the posts regarding people with the same problem, it's ridiculous that we are all receiving the same canned tech statements from Cox: "did you clear your browser? cache? cookies? did you try IE? Firefox? Edge? Chrome? what type of computer do you have? did you check your security settings? We (customers) are all having trouble because nothing we changed on our computers - just one day we try to get email and it won't load. We're not techy people tinkering with our computers - it works one day and then the next day not working going forward for weeks and months with no end or resolution.  Now if that isn't bad enough, sprinkle in the Cox tech support "explanations" we've been getting: "Cox is migrating the email platform and it's taking longer than expected" (June 2018), "Cox is revamping the email platform - it will be two more weeks" ( early July 2018),  "the email platform is down right now, we do no have an ETA on when it will be back up - keep trying or call back for a possible update" (late July 2018), "I will credit your bill $27.25 for the inconvenience" (August 2018) - no credits ever received on the bill.

What is truth behind the Cox Webmail issue? Was it hacked as other customers have claimed who have experienced a deluge of spam email? Has the platform been ransomed? We want to know the truth of what the issue really is.

• JMLewis, I am sorry we missed your response before. We did in fact have an outage declared for Webmail, just yesterday. It has since been cleared. For account-specific support, please send the full street address with this information to cox.help@cox.com. We'd like to further review matters for you.

Erica
      Cox Support Forums Moderator
      TODAY: Reply to EricaW
      Hi Erica, - GREAT IDEA - except I CAN'T LOG IN TO EMAIL - in case you didn't notice in the post. That's the problem. So you see, I cannot email cox.help@cox.com.  And if you read my LENGTHY post above - I have spent HOURS on the phone with Cox Support who feeds me (and a bunch of other customers) a bunch of ** lies without fixing the issue.

What is truth behind the Cox Webmail issue? Was it hacked as other customers have claimed who have experienced a deluge of spam email? Has the platform been ransomed? We want to know the truth of what the issue really is.

2 Replies

• Hi JMLewis, is the "connection timed out" issue affecting all three of the email addresses associated with your Cox account? -Becky, Cox Support Forums Moderator
        JMLewis
        New Contributor II

Yes, it affects all three emails. They all time out. I can log in to my Cox Account just fine, but even from there if I try to open my webmail it times out with the same error.