Forum Discussion

rbrozene
New Contributor
6 years ago
Solved

My WIFI Error 408 The Internet is Not Connected.....Your WiFi Modem is Not Connected

Cox reset modem (Arris DAR246P).  Tried three different browsers.  Had worked in the past (~6 months ago).  WIN10.

Trying to see device list.

• Hello Rbrozene. Does your device see the wireless network? Also, is this happening with multiple devices in the home? -Allan Cox Support Forums Moderator

7 Replies

• Hello Rbrozene. Does your device see the wireless network? Also, is this happening with multiple devices in the home? -Allan Cox Support Forums Moderator
      rbrozene
      New Contributor

Allen

My devices (2) see the internet as does your own agent when I called support.  None of us on any device can get the My WIFI to work.  We all get the messages shown at the title of this posting.

Becky
        Hi Rbrozene, your modem is reporting poor signal levels and minor packet loss. It's possible that the signal impairment is severe enough to completely disrupt your ability to access WiFi. Make sure the coax connection to the outlet and your cable modem are finger-tight. Are there any splitters or extra connectors on the coax cable to the modem? If possible, remove them, reset the modem, and see if your connectivity improves. A service call will likely be needed to resolve these issues. If you'd like my team to schedule an appointment for you, please email your full name, address, and a link to this thread to cox.help@cox.com. -Becky, Cox Support Forums Moderator