This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Slow ultimate speed

I have very slow Ultimate download speeds, disconnects, slow webpage loads, video buffering, and I did call Cox tier 1 but they were no help and told me I am getting good download speeds for the Ultimate tier. I have also tried Data Support chat, but they were also flat out no help. All Data Support and tier 1 did was reset the EMTA, which I have done numerous times and that did not help. I got the phone/Internet/contour service installed on November 18, 2018, and have nothing but problems ever since. 

Here is one speed test:

www.speedtest.net/.../7837818053

Cox's speed test:

23 Mbps down and 31Mbps up, 16ms ping, 1ms jitter

This is on the Ultimate tier, and if I wanted slow service, I would have kept preferred 100 or downgrade to Essential 30 Mbps 

Parents
No Data
  • Hi NerdGirl, your modem is reporting packet loss, so I'm glad to see you have a service call scheduled. The packet loss is most likely the source of each of the symptoms you described. Please let us know how your appointment goes, as well as your resulting speed test results. -Becky, Cox Support Forums Moderator
Children