Read the forum guidelines
So everything in my home ( cell phones, laptop etc) gets awesome speeds, except for my 2 xbox 1s' . Anyone else having this issue?
Have you had any luck getting his fixed? I have the SAME EXACT PROBLEM. It is only with my xbox, and only affecting the upload... I am getting 300+ download and 1-4 upload... That is wireless, wired to the router and even wired directly to the modem.
All other devices are connecting fine, but this problem affects the multiplayer games online... COX PLEASE HELP. This is apparently a common problem (just google "xbox one upload cox" and you see a long list of reported issues starting back in Nov 2018.
What has happened COX? I used to be very proud of my internet and happy with your service.. Lately, it has been terrible.
Many factors inside of your home can affect your speed. Follow these tips to enhance your speed:
1. Reboot your modem and devices by powering them off and back on for optimal performance.
2. Connect your computer directly to your modem with an Ethernet cable (CAT5e or CAT6). https://www.cox.com/residential/support/connecting-a-modem-with-an-ethernet-connection.html
3.Turn off WiFi on your Xbox and unplug your router (if you have one) from your modem.
4. Close all other programs, applications, and games on your xbox to eliminate network congestion.
5. Make sure your modem is DOCSIS 3.0 or higher (DOCSIS 3.1 for Gigablast)—older modems can't process high speeds. https://www.cox.com/residential/support/cox-certified-cable-modems.html
6. Check the owner’s manual for your device to find out if it's capable of processing high speeds. Even many recently-purchased computers, laptops, and gaming consoles are not capable of broadband speeds.
7. Make sure you have the latest updates installed for your Xbox.
8. Open a browser on the Xbox and run a speedtest at https://www.cox.com/residential/support/internet/speedtest.html .
* You may also find that running tests such as traceroutes or other network diagnostic tools like PingPlotter will show latency or packet loss to the Xbox Live service.
Cox Support Forum Moderator
Since Cox is throttling (traffic shaping) upload speeds to specific gaming endpoint servers you will get poor gaming performance. This has been the case since net neutrality was repealed in 2018.
I ran the Xbox One speed test randomly during different times of the day and sometimes I get up to 5 mbs upload and other times I get 0.15 mbs speeds. It's just crazy
You won't find a fix for this. I've tested with with 2 different modems completely bypassing my firewall (router) with the same results.