Forum Discussion

Phuhque
New Contributor
6 years ago

Rejected messages

It appears the new spam filtering service Cox is using (cloudfilter.net) is blocking a lot of valid mail. I would like to know where our individual portals and addressbooks are that we can configure our own whitelists and to be able to see what messages are being rejected.  It is one thing to be identify a message as spam, and another thing entirely to reject them without notification.  I have mail senders from a good number of places and since my mail volume has dropped by over 75%, it is quite safe to assume the spam aggressiveness thresholds are set quite high as well as are the bulk sender identifiers and anti-spoofing features.

While you claim to not whitelist senders, you do need to provide your users the ability to do so.  No doing so means you are censoring email

Also, it is poor form to put a like to review changes and then have it error out.

http://postmaster.cox.net/confluence/display/postmaster/Error+Codes

If you are going to implement such a service you should become a lot more responsive with corrective actions.  I am now on my second day waiting for an answer on my ticket with Tier 2, and third day with the actual issue at large.

7 Replies

• Hi Phuhque, your ticket was escalated to our email administrators. As soon as we get further information, we will let you know. -Becky, Cox Support Forums Moderator
      Phuhque
      New Contributor

I have an existing ticket with Tier 2.  The ticket has been open for more than 48 hours and still no response from them, so hopefully this public posting will raise the awareness of the issue. 

Phuhque
        New Contributor

Without much adieu, I still have yet to hear from Cox on my issue, and ended up having to take matters into my own hands.  I reached out to their AntiSpam provider, Cloudmark, directly.  After explaining what the issue was, and providing them information from bounces I received, I got at least an exception put in place.  Seems they are implementing SPF Hard fails poorly (in my opinion) and that is what caused my messages to be bounced.  I still have not received any emails from most of my financial institutions I do business with so am still out on those results.

What Cox NEEDS to do is be timely in their support.  That and provide end users with an antispam portal wherein we can adjust the thresholds and maintain our own whitelists.

They also need to actually reply back to open tickets.  Right now, I can say the interaction I have had with Cox on this issue ranks down there close to the level of being flat out being ignored.  I had to essentially do their job for them.

If it weren't for the fact I actually do understand how email works, I would still be sitting there with rejected senders.