Forum Discussion

NikPo
New Contributor
6 years ago

Edmond OK packet loss Issue

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qgwcf7i6aq3odpc/CoxRouter2.pdf?dl=0

I have a routine 10+% packet loss during a 24 hour period. I've had two technical out.  Both tested signal on the line and say signal is fine. First tech swapped my cable modem.  Second tech test mainline signal to my house, mainline signal to my cable modem and both are fine and within acceptable specs. 

I showed the second technician my ping log which shows intermittent packet loss.  Last night after the second technician left, the ping log was clean for about 3-4 hours then I'll see an intermittent packet loss.  Some  times it's 1 or 2 packets lost in a 1 minute ping interval.  Sometimes it may be a couple of minutes. 

By testing signals, this issue may never get solved?  They're testing Level 1 network signals when the issue seems to be at level 2 and 3.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/j6zrr8tazzhefxa/CoxRouter1.pdf?dl=0

2 Replies

• Hi NikPo, I'm sorry that you're dealing with chronic issues! Even with the recent service call, your modem metrics are outside of our preferred specifications. I recommend another appointment. If you'd like my team to schedule the appointment for you, please email your full name, address, and a link to this thread to cox.help@cox.com. -Becky, Cox Support Forums Moderator
      NikPo
      New Contributor

Exactly what metric are you referring to?  

Why can't you communicate that metric to your field technician?  

Each field tech found no issue so why would I continue to schedule more appointments if you can relay the information they need to be looking at?  

I'm not too happy about spending another 2+ hours waiting for a tech who isn't dispatched to look at what your looking at.  I've already spent 8 hours waiting for techs and being available here to solve the issue.  The first tech called me 4 minutes before the end of the service window to tell me he was going to be 30-45 minutes late.

The second appoint, I waited 2+ hours only to have a technician NEVER show and NEVER call.  When I called the support line the appointment was cancelled and nobody could tell me why.

The third tech was here for almost 3 hours tested each leg of the cabling only to tell me it was good.  

Please tell me what the specific parameter is so I can relay it to the tech because you can't seem to do it internally.

If we need another tech scheduled, understand I'm not happy waiting to not get my service issue addressed so it needs to be different this time.  Please schedule someone who will be here at a specific time (I'm not going to wait 2+ hours yet again) and please have the tech equipped to address the issue you see.