Forum Discussion

Ron20m
New Contributor
6 years ago

Phishing from cox.net email

Got an email from "american Express" about my Charles Schwab account. 

Don't have one.

email is from kalfayan1@cox.net

Beware

9 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    ChrisL
    Former Moderator
    @Ron20m

We recommend sending suspected phishing emails preferably as attachments to phishingreport@cox.net for immediate processing.

-Chris
      socal_transplan
      Contributor III

we DO have a schwaab account, but what does american express have to do with t?  mine was from american express<susan,sweeney@cox.net>...supposedly. i see we now have a new address just for phishing?  i have been sending to abuse@cox.net when it's a cox address.  is that still ok? and i've never been able to figure out how to send email as an attachment,,,tho one of the users here explained it to me...but my email client allows me to access "full headers." is it still ok to send that way? rules change i guess, so update us pls?

Becky
        Hi Socal, phishing emails that seem to originate from a Cox IP (or are sent from an @cox.net email address) should be sent to abuse@cox.net following the Abuse Submission Guidelines at www.cox.com/residential/support/reporting-spam-phishing-and-virus-abuse.html. It should also be sent to phishingreport@cox.net as an attachment. To send as an attachment using Cox Webmail, open the email that you want to forward as an attachment. Click on the "More actions" icon in the upper right corner of the email, then click "Save as file" to save the email to your computer. Go back to your Inbox and click Compose. Enter "phishingreport@cox.net" into the To field, add a subject, and add any comments in the body of the message (if applicable). Click Attachments, locate the saved email on your computer, and then click Open. Finally, click Send. If using Outlook, click New Email, fill in the To and Subject fields, and then click on the Insert menu. Click "Outlook Item" to attach another email, and locate the phishing email that you want to send as an attachment. Double-click on the phishing email and press Send. -Becky, Cox Support Forums Moderator