Forum Discussion

judygr64
New Contributor II
6 years ago

Problem with email being rejected

This problem has just started for me within the past week.  I am no longer receiving email being sent to me from the asu.edu domain.  This is Arizona State University.  I have copies of the rejections from Cox (because they have been forwarded to me at an alternate, non-Cox) address.  I fear that somehow the domain has been blocked and I need to receive this email.  I spent a fair amount of time on a chat with Cox today but it was pretty worthless.  I kept trying to get him to review the rejection info on the bounceback but he never went there at all.  I am a loss as to who can assist me with this.  I am receiving other mail no problem.  

It appears to be rejected at  cxr.mx.a.cloudfilter.net with a code of 552 5.2.0  Note that this email has no attachment.  I can provide the whole rejection message if that will be of assistance.

5 Replies

• Hi Judygr64, we'd be happy to take a look at the rejection info on the bounceback message. You can send it to our team at cox.help@cox.com. Please also include your full name and street address in your email. Thanks! -Becky, Cox Support Forums Moderator
    judygr64
    New Contributor II

Thanks, whatever the problem was it's working today.  

Becky
      That's great news, Judygr64! Thanks for the update. -Becky, Cox Support Forums Moderator
        Dr__Azin
        New Contributor

This has continued to be a problem.  For me on October 25 (from multiple senders) and even though I was told it was fixed thereafter, my brother (different account) got the same problem on e-mails that made it to me on which we were both addressed (both at that time and as recently as November 9).   I still am having problems today, though it's not clear yet if it's the exact same problem or a related problem (Cox says they are having delayed e-mails since yesterday, and these may be failing/rejecting also--who knows?).

It is VERY BAD because you don't receive important e-mails and thus don't respond timely as you must. 

There needs to be an exact diagnosis and specific and stated reliable solution to address the exact diagnosis.
        Are your servers being blacklisted or using bad blacklist lists??

WHat's the cause of (and solution to) the problem from yesterday (continuing today) with delays?