Forum Discussion

InOmaha
New Contributor
6 years ago

Keep email address?

This question has been asked in years past.  I am curious what the situation is now.

If I cancel my Cox internet, is it possible to keep my family's email addresses (i.e. john.doe@cox.net, jane.doe@cox.net)?  I know phone numbers can be kept, but does Cox provide for keeping an email address?

4 Replies

InOmaha
      New Contributor

Thanks, but this does not quite address my question.  This explains how to retain previously received emails and contacts.  That is akin to saving old voice mails on my phone.

I want to know if Cox allows a former customer to retain the email addresses, so I can receive new emails, like retaining a phone number so my contact information does not change.

Bruce
        Honored Contributor III

That's an awful akin.  It explains how to export previously-received email and contacts from their server...not your email client.  Yes, you can keep recorded messages on your telephone...just not voice mail on their server.  Yes, you can keep email in your local .pst...just not on their server.

If you can find Email-Only Service on Cox.com (you won't), order it.

"Upon disconnection of your Cox High Speed Internet Service, Cox will delete your email address, mailbox, all email messages, and the associated content from each Cox email address associated with your account within 90 days of disconnection."

• Email addresses stay active for 90 days after disconnecting services. The only way to potentially keep an email address active would be by transferring the account(s) to someone else's that you know and would agree to have them transferred over. In order to transfer them over we would have to delete any existing email addresses from the other person's account first then transfer the accounts, delete, add back whichever address they would like to be the primary first and then add the rest of the accounts back. There is always a chance that any emails with the account(s) could be deleted from the server in the process, so it can get a bit messy. They could always set it to a POP3 server setting so that it downloads all of the email from the server onto a specific device beforehand though.

Brian
    Cox Support Forum Moderator