Forum Discussion

zoey851
New Contributor
6 years ago

Spam

Spam is getting worse.  I am getting between 15-20 spam emails a day. I have check the spam filter and the spam still gets through.  I am preparing to close my cox account.  It is an an extreme nuisance.

25 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    SickofSpamOB
    New Contributor II

Hammered by at least 30+ in the last 2 hours. COX FIX THIS OR IM DONE. HAVE REPORTED THIS DOZENS OF TIMES.

coxidiot
    New Contributor II

I've been having the same problem for 3-4 mos. Started out with about 2-3 a day, but now it's 24-30 every day. Now here is the real kicker. I found out that since I am the Primary User ID (my email address), I can't simply change my email address but instead I have to close out the account, and that means my wife's email address as well, and she is not receiving any spam, and create a whole new account for both of us. REALLY.

• Hi Zoey851 and Coxidiot. I apologize that both of you are having issues with spam. Please mark each message as spam in order for the spam filters to update this information in the filters. Also, you can create spam filters to filter this as well. Thanks, Lisa - Cox Support Forums Moderator
      coxidiot
      New Contributor II

Lisa, THanks for thr quick reply.

You said >>Please mark each message as spam in order for the spam filters to update this information in the filters. Also, you can create spam filters to filter this as well. << The first thing I do is forward each spam msg.as an attachment to spamreport@cox.net. I've been doing this for 4 mos. now and I really think it is a waste of time, I've actually seen an increase in spam msgs. I then mark each msg. as spam and it moves to the spam folder.

Now, you said I "can also create spam filters to filter this as well". I have no idea what you're talking about, could you please walk me thru it ?

Thanks,

coxidiot

LisaH
        Once you are in webmail, select the gear in the top right corner, select settings, go to the left-hand side under Basic settings, select Inbox, then select filter rules, then select add new rule and follow the prompts from there. You can add as many rules or conditions within the rules as you need. Thanks, Lisa, Cox Support Forums Moderator
      Ken-o
      New Contributor

That was a BS reply.  You guys need to do something soon.  EVERYONE is complaining about Cox spam

filters being useless.

On another note your web site for my e mail is the slowest site I have ever encountered.  WHY??

LisaH
        Hi Ken-o. We are aware of the issue with webmail being slow to load. We are working to increase the response time. - Lisa, Cox Support Forums Moderator
    zoey851
    New Contributor

Have done as suggested to no avail before contacting you. Just this morning I have already received 10 spam messages. Spam is getting worse. 

• It seems the more filters I create, the more spam I get.  Now many of the spam filters are USELESS.  I put in a spam filter to direct anything with “CBD Oil” in the from, address, or body, and it still goes to my Inbox because they changed the font style of the title.  I now get AT LEAST 50 spam/phishing emails a day, and it has gotten WORSE in the last few days.  If I get another phony Amazon/CVS/Costco email that tells me to click on a gift or an EASTER egg (like I’m going to fall for something like that in OCTOBER) for a reward, I am going to just shut down my email account.  It is ANNOYING and RIDICULOUS.  Something HAS to be done about this excess spam.

stinkfoot63
      Contributor II

I get the same garbage with that cutesy upPer aNd LowEr case mix- obviously to sidestep filters they know people are setting and a tell they know their trash isn't wanted.  How is it that Cox cannot (or perhaps WILL not) somehow identify email servers sending it and block them.  The tactic makes this harassment.

duhmel123
    New Contributor III

I have a gmail and a hotmail account and seldom do I get a SPAM email.   This is not rocket science - the other email providers don't have the problem. Why COX - maybe they are getting kickbacks from the SPAM community!!

• Gotta give credit where credit is due... gotten a TON less spam over the past couple days.  It hasn't been completely eliminated but the barrage seems to  have ceased.

coxidiot
      New Contributor II

Same here. Don't know if Cox did something or if it's because I started creating filters. Something is working though.

JP_Sports
        Contributor

It has got much better the last 2 days.  I think I’ve maybe sent 1 or 2 spam/phishing email reports in the last couple of days instead of 30-40.  Gotta give credit where credit is due.  Kudos, Cox!