Forum Discussion

Josh_M
New Contributor
6 years ago

Emails Appear on Webmail but Not on Outlook

I've had a Cox Email for the past 15 or so years. I opened up Outlook 2016 on my home PC and found that all my emails were gone. Nothing in inbox, sent items, drafts, etc. I checked my laptop which had my email opened up from yesterday, and when I went to do a send/receive, all my emails were just removed. What's even weirder is that all my emails show up fine in Cox Webmail. It's an IMAP/SMTP account, and I don't know what to do to get my emails back onto Outlook. Any help to figure this out would be appreciated.

5 Replies

• Hi Josh, I did a bit more digging and discovered that your emails may have disappeared due to a problem with our migration process. I've submitted a ticket to our email administrators to investigate further. I'll update you as soon as possible! Please let us know if your folders and emails reappear. -Becky, Cox Support Forums Moderator
  • Hi Josh_M, it sounds almost as if your email profile was deleted on one of your devices. Open Outlook 2016 on your home PC. Do you have a Trash folder or a Deleted Items folder in Outlook? You may be able to recover the deleted content. -Becky, Cox Support Forums Moderator
      socal_transplan
      Contributor III

becky....alice here!...i have a related problem (not to steal josh's thunder)...a month or two ago, i stopped being able to send email to a couple in my area via my mail client.  they get it if i send thru webmail, but not from my mail client.  they use outlook.

my husband had outlook until this last laptop and it was never a problem with him (except that cox puts his mail to me in my spam folder!).  it was a sudden change & neither of us deliberately changed anything.

any ideas on that? it's a work around, but a pain in the *ss.

are there any known conflicts with outlook you could share? i have to have other friends who use it, but no one else seems to have this issue.

Becky
        Hi Socal, when you send email from your mail client to this friend, do you get any errors or bounce-back messages? Do your friends use an @cox.net email address? Make sure their Webmail setting isn't deleting spam email prior to downloading to Outlook. Have your friend save your email address as a Webmail contact. Also, have your husband save your email address as a Contact, and see if this prevents Outlook from putting your mail in his spam folder. I'm not aware of any conflicts with Outlook. Are you able to provide further details about these issues? -Becky, Cox Support Forums Moderator