Forum Discussion

RalphW
New Contributor III
6 years ago

E-mail window won't expand

Until a couple of day ago, there was an arrow at the right of the screen to close the ad and have the message expand to the right and fill the box.  Now, the arrow is gone and the ad is gone, but the message remains shrunk and there's blank space to the right of the message.  That space can't be expanded.

What, oh what has Cox done this time?  Any idea?

Thanks,

17 Replies

Karen_R
    Former Moderator
    Hello RalphW,

Just to clarify are you using Webmail or an email client such as outlook when this happens? Does the ad appear to be part of the email?

Karen
    Cox Support Forum
      RalphW
      New Contributor III

Webmail in Chrome with Win 10.  The ad has ALWAYS been placed there by Cox.  I had to collapse it to the right in order to expand the e-mail and be able to read it.

As someone else said, simply remove the ad and have all messages open in full screen.  I tried to attach a screen shot, but can't see any way to do so.

MarkM1
        Former Moderator
        RalphW,

I have just tested both Chrome & IE & I do see the arrow to remove the ad. Would you restart your computer & clear cache before retesting the webmail. Let us know if that works for you.

Mark M.
        Cox Support Forums Moderator
  • I have the same problem with Webmail.  The ad arrow is still there and functions even though there are no ads.  But the problem is that the message column will not expand.  It is stuck at about 2" wide when you use the vertical or compact layout.  It started Friday, October 12th, I believe.  It has nothing to do with computer, the cache, or the  browser as it it happening on both my home and work computer, with Windows 7, Internet Explorer, and Firefox.  It has nothing to do with the view settings.  It's something messed up with Webmail itself.

LisaH
      Hi INeedAnswers. I was able to log into my webmail with no issues. To get a better understanding, please email a screenshot to cox.help@cox.com of what you are seeing along with your complete address, name on the account and email address affected and we will be glad to investigate this. Thanks, Lisa - Cox Support Forums Moderator
        INeedAnswers
        New Contributor

I'm not going to post a screen shot of my email account.  It's quite simple for you to verify this yourself.  Login to webmail (that is not the problem) and look at your screen - in any view.  The right hand side of the screen is blank and regardless of what you do with the ad arrow, the message area never expands to fill the right hand side of the screen.  In Vertical View, from left to right, you get a narrow column for folders, a narrow column for email headers, an narrow column for the actual email message, and a narrow column of white space.  The email column used to expand into this white space, so that you could see the entire width of the email.  Now you have to scroll back and forth every two inches or open the email in a new window.  You can use the slider to adjust the width of the folder column and the header column, but you cannot adjust the width of the message column.  Please fix this ASAP.  It's been over a week.!

COXInternet
    New Contributor

I have the same problem for about 2 weeks now. The email space shrunk about 2 inches. I guess the almighty dollar matters more to Cox than their customers! I really preferred the old format. I'm thinking that they want all the ad space they can get and the hell with the "little people".

RalphW
    New Contributor III

I just looked at it again and the advertisement is gone.  ONLY the little collapse arrow is there!  Still, the message block remains shrunken and will not expand when the collapse arrow is clicked.

Worthless Tech Support from Cox!

RalphW
    New Contributor III

Dare I say that they've fixed the problem?  For the last week or so, the e-mail system has been working as it did before this mess developed.  Let's hope this doesn't jinx it.