Forum Discussion

yak
Contributor III
6 years ago

A place to post spam we receive? Can we use the forum?

If we set up one thread dedicated to posting the most current spammers,  would that be something that Cox could or would support?  A Cox employee could take one look at each of those accounts and make sure they never get thru to Cox email again.  Not just the domain name but the spammer's email address.  I understand that spammers can set up a new account in 30 seconds.  It would require that someone from Cox be assigned this task.  If a Cox employee sees this post, no need to reply that you sent it to another department to be looked at.  I don't care about public relations.  Other email providers have allowed their customers to help in the fight against spam.  

6 Replies

• while a tier 2 tech was trying to help with my strange issue the other night he very excitedly told me they'd just had a meeting about a new spam filter. i have already noticed that mail i removed from spam (thumbs up) is now immediately appearing in my inbox. it used to disappear on webmail, but would download to my mail client. maybe things are looking up?

• Compile data... like the email address presumably sending it (dot site, for example).  I think this is a good idea.  Would Cox be willing to consider it?

• Please hang in there in regards to email spam. Improvements to the current spam filters are expected very soon. -Becky, Cox Support Forums Moderator
  • also wanted to mention...EVERY reply on EVERY thread i've posted on here have gone directly to my spam folder. they can't even recognize their own mail?!

duhmel123
    New Contributor III

Two years ago when a change to West Coast email servers caused a time-out problem, the only way to get Cox's attention was to file complaints with the FCC.  Suddenly I was getting phone calls from Corporate HQ Customer Relations.  Doesn't matter if this is a real FCC issue - Cox must go through there 'process' and file a closure report with the FCC on each and every complaint.  I'm giving this another week and then will start filing complaints with the FCC, City and County Compliance agencies.