Forum Discussion

Mental_Tyrannt
New Contributor
6 years ago

Access Webmail on One Account; not on the Other

I am having the same issue described here:

http://forums.cox.com/forum_home/internet_forum/f/internet-forum/19808/fix-for-folder-inbox-has-been-closed-on-mail-server-127-0-0-1

I am having trouble accessing my email through Cox Webmail at http://forums.cox.com/forum_home/internet_forum/f/internet-forum/19808/fix-for-folder-inbox-has-been-closed-on-mail-server-127-0-0-1

I have NO trouble accessing my public email through the Webmail client, but when I try to access my personal email (the one associated with this account), I get this message:

"Unable to connect to mail server. Possible reasons: The mail server is (temporarily) down or there are network connection problems. Please try again in a few minutes."

The email box doesn't display my emails or even my email folders... again no problem with my other account (when used on same computer and web browser).

Please help!

3 Replies

• Hi Mental, when trying to access your Webmail, are you seeing a 127.0.0.1 error, or just the "unable to connect to mail server" message? -Becky, Cox Support Forums Moderator
  • Becky, I technically saw both errors... I got the "unable to connect error" when signing in, but again it loaded an empty mailbox, and curiously, it also didn't display anything in the folder structure folder structure on the left panel of the webmail client...  no inbox, sent mail, drafts, nothing.  It would let me click "compose" and it I could actually type a test draft to my working cox email, but when I clicked "send" I got the 127.0.0.1 error.

Thankfully, the email worked this morning just fine.  But of a half-hour ago, I can't access the webmail client.  Is something going on?

Becky
      Hi Mental, Webmail was down for maintenance from 2am to 7am on October 11, 2018. There were a few kinks accessing Webmail the morning of October 12th as a result of the maintenance. -Becky, Cox Support Forums Moderator