Forum Discussion

duhmel123
New Contributor III
6 years ago

Cox webmail is also down

'Server' problem.  Curious - the post I made 5 minutes ago hasn't shown up on the Forum.  Looks like Cox has screwed up another 'update'.  Be prepared for 6 months of aggravation.

4 Replies

• Same here! THIS HAS TO STOP. Our productivity goes to zero. We have been a customer for over 20 years and the email service is the worst it has EVER been.

Yesterday we received an email that we needed to change our passwords on our two main email accounts or they would be locked. We did that. Now getting the following error.

https://imgur.com/a/lt8FGWX

Becky
      Cox Webmail was down for maintenance on October 11, 2018, from 2am to 7am. Are you able to send and receive email at this time? -Becky, Cox Support Forums Moderator
    sonia67
    New Contributor

Using webmail, My wife gets the message

"Inbox

An error occured

Connection closed to mail server

127.0.0.1. Please try again later"

My other accounts work fine. She cannot access email no matter what app or browser she uses. Make no sense, because if is was a connection problem, I would not get emails from my other accunts, and I would not be able to go online and check webmail.

please help me!!!

Becky
      Hi Sonia67, the 127.0.0.1 error is an issue our email administrators are currently working to resolve. The suggested workaround is to use an email client like Outlook, Mac Mail, or the default email client on your mobile device. So that we can submit a ticket on your wife's behalf, we first need to identify which email account is being affected by the 127.0.0.1 error. Using one of your unaffected email addresses, please email cox.help@cox.com with your full name, address, a link to this thread, and your wife's email address. -Becky, Cox Support Forums Moderator