Forum Discussion

Dianne
New Contributor
6 years ago
Solved

Change of date for scheduled auto payment

Hi,

I called in and talked to customer support for quite a while this past Thurs/Fri.  I have now retired so my pay dates have changes so my first check is deposited in my account on the 2nd Wed of the month.  Since we had been paying on the 5th before, we knew the auto pay would cause an overdraft and as assured the date of deduction would be changed for this month on the 15th but that by doing this I would also have to pay 10 pro-rated days.   I agreed although did mention that as much as our cable has just crashed and for the days and hours where we had no access to the internet I would think they would waive this prorate amount in an exchange for lack of service but she said the most she could do is offer me a 10 dollar credit.

So, not too happy but agreed as long as they changed the date of direct payment to the 15th that day to avoid me being overdrawn.]

Well, went to pick up meds today and got an insufficient funds notice..And yep,,,it did not get changed per our agreement and now I have a tick for overdraft and couldn't get my meds.

I am upset for sure and would now ask that Cox pay any fees that will be charged to me by the bank and that the change to the deduction date be exempt from the 10 day pro- rate fee as a good faith action of apology for this very long long long time customer..

Has anyone had this issue and how did you handle it?

Thanks

Sharon 

Becky
    5 months ago

Hi Karen, my parents are on a fixed income and have gone through troubles similar to yours. I'm so sorry this is happening! I can help. I certainly don't want you to deal with a late payment each month. Since this isn't something we can fix in public Forums, please email my team at Cox.Help@cox.com so we can further assist you. I'm sure we can provide you with peace of mind!

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    CarolLM
    Former Moderator
    Hi Dianne, I'd like to review your account regarding this matter. To do so please provide your complete address and account name via a Facebook private message, Twitter direct message, or an email to cox.help@cox.com and include your original post as an attachment. We're here to help. -Thanks, Carol
  • I was wondering the same thing! They have my billing scheduled the 26th I believe every month!!  Before I receive what I get in my income! Which my payment is on the 1st of every month! Unless the 1st lands on a Weekend "OR" early over a Holliday like  New Year's!! But I have asked if it can be scheduled the 1st of every month! But I take it that it's not been charged! It might be because of the timing of receiving the service. Also It might had been the end of a month. But I think when I got my service turned on I got paid early that month! I can't keep paying late fees when I'm on a fixed income! I'm hoping our issues can be resolved to giving us a peace of mind!! 

Becky

Hi Karen, my parents are on a fixed income and have gone through troubles similar to yours. I'm so sorry this is happening! I can help. I certainly don't want you to deal with a late payment each month. Since this isn't something we can fix in public Forums, please email my team at Cox.Help@cox.com so we can further assist you. I'm sure we can provide you with peace of mind!