Forum Discussion

Danny_Baggett
New Contributor
6 years ago

Upstream signal level

Hello,

The signal level I'm receiving for Upstream on my modem appears to be low. My modem is on its own power outlet and there are no splitters (at least inside, I have no idea about things installed at the junction), as the modem is the only device connected to the cable (I do not use cable television or have any other modems).

Currently I am seeing a Power level of 36.5 dBmV for all four Upstream channels--ATDMA Channel Type, with Symbol Rate 5120 Ksym/sec. My downstream appears fine, showing between 33 and 36 dB for SNR and -4 to -1 dBmV for Power on all 8 QAM256 streams. It appears the upstream signal needs adjusting. I have been experiencing intermittent signal loss for the past few days, despite confirming that the modem was otherwise working fine--I could access its status page, run diagnostics tests, and my LAN wi-fi was working, though no devices had internet. While my internet appears to be back up, the power levels for upstream still show as outside the expected range even after several refreshes.

Here is a link to a screenshot of my modem's current connection status page. 

https://prnt.sc/kv5wcs

1 Reply

• Hi Danny, your modem has a high number of T3 errors. Before replacing the device, I think I'd suggest a service call so we can rule out any impedance issues upstream. If you'd like my team to schedule a service call for you, email cox.help@cox.com with your full name, address, and a link to this thread. We'll get to the bottom of this for you! -Becky, Cox Support Forums Moderator