Forum Discussion

MyWireless
New Contributor
6 years ago

I ordered "Cox Internet Essential 30" which was $39.99 but they somehow changed it to Ultimate and charged $79.99 which I haven't requested.

I ordered "Cox Internet Essential 30" which was $39.99 but they somehow change it to Internet Ultimate and charged $79.99 which I haven't requested.

The order number detailed view showed "Cox Internet Essential 30" which matched the order number Cox told me. But the status showed "Cancelled", which I haven't requested. Cox changed the service plan without my consent. Why did they cancel it and are they trying to sell what I don't want and simply charge more?

Update: After I reviewed my Order Confirmation that I saved showed that actually they didn't reflect DISCOUNTS "Internet Essential 30 discount" which was $34.00.

4 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi MyWireless,

This forum is primarily intended for the discussion of a technical issue among peers. Billing and account issues require the sharing of sensitive information to resolve which isn't best suited for a public forum. Please reach out to us on our Facebook page (www.facebook.com/coxcommunications) via Private Message, our Twitter handle (www.twitter.com/coxhelp) or email us at cox.help@cox.com. Be sure to include your full name and this post.

Maria L.
    Cox Support Forum Moderator

• Ok seriously, I will do everything I can to switch AWAY from Cox.  I have similar experiences as yours.  I was told one rate, confirmed it, then later when the bill comes it's a completely different rate.  I call in to see what was going on and I was told that they could not honor that initial rate.  "The lowest [they] could go was ."  Furthermore, this "new" lowest rate they could go would not be applicable to the bill that was sent to me because in essence - too bad, so sad, that was last month's bill and the "new" rate would only apply to future rates. 

Allow me to sum it up:

(1) Was promised $40.95/month (including tax) by an agent of Cox. 

(2) Received bill for twice that. 

(3) Told me the lowest they could go is $53/month.

(4) Was told that the bill for the month remains the same.  Because the $53/month was applicable to future bills, and not the current bill.

Are you kidding me?  I don't care what you call your plans - "no contract" B.S.  Cox, please consult with your legal team.  A contract need not be in writing.  It would not be smart of me to spend the $50 dollar filing fee to file a complaint against you and having to take the time out of my day to serve your registered agent with service of process, but heck, I'm starting to get mad enough where I am seriously considering doing so to prove a point.

• I am so sorry that there has been some experience with the order not being right. This is definitely something that Cox would need to help address. You can reach us by email at cox.help@cox.com. Please include your name, address, and a description of the issue. 

The purpose of the Cox Internet Forum is to allow customers to discuss technical topics related to residential Cox High Speed Internet services with other customers. If you need help with billing or other account specific issues, please reach us on Twitter at @CoxHelp, visit us on Facebook, or at cox.help@cox.com