Forum Discussion

Dr_Still_Bill
New Contributor II
6 years ago

Why is the "new" webmail still not working right?

It has been several months (6 or more?) since Cox "upgraded" to its new webmail interface.  Why is it still the Slowest webpage on the planet?  Half the time I can't even connect at all.  You would think that if you can't get something working right after more than 6 months, you would switch back to the old platform that actually worked.  For as much as you charge, one would think you could afford a half-way decent server.

Also, the interface has no display telling me what account I am logged-in under.  I have multiple accounts.  You would think the login name would be somewhere on the screen.

Does Cox actually have paid programmers and engineers, or do you just let high-school kids write your software?

9 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Dr_Still_Bill
    New Contributor II

OK, but that isn't really an answer.  Shouldn't make a difference if I type in myemail@cox.net or have a link to it.  It is still the same URL!  Even if it wasn't - it works for all other website in the world - at least "real" ones.

Half the time, it times-out before the login page even loads.  Once I log-in, it actually connects 33% of the time.  This is with FOUR different devices at different locations.  Two are actually COX internet, so no excuse.  It is 2nd-rate - period!  I find it hard to believe I am the only one who has noticed this.

As for my great suggestion - I have posted that complaint here on this forum at least 6 times before, but still no action.

Face it - Cox is sub-par when it comes to technology.

Don't even get me started about your worthless Spam filters.

LisaH
      Hi Dr Still Bill. If you have the link saved, it could have gotten corrupted. If the URL isn't directing correctly, you will experience a time- out or an error. Thanks, Lisa - Cox Support Forums Moderator
  • Hi Dr Still Bill, I apologize that you're having trouble connecting to Webmail. Do you use a saved link that opens directly to your Webmail Inbox, or do you log into cox.com and then click on the Webmail icon? I find my Inbox loads faster if I utilize the second of those two options, instead of using a direct link to my Inbox. Your suggestion to display the login name/email address is fantastic! I've forwarded your suggestion to our marketing team to be considered for a future release. -Becky, Cox Support Forums Moderator
      Jay_in_AZ
      New Contributor III

Stats of similar thread I started 4 months ago
      "Cannot access Cox Webmail most of the time"
      77 replies
      189 subscribers

Just fodder to add to this thread because it is an ongoing problem.

Webmail has been working decent for 3-4 weeks but horrible this last couple.
      My re-occurring question has been "What did COX change this time and why did you do it?
      I wonder if this problem has anything to do with COX maintenance.
      Whatever the reason is, there seems to be no resolution or answers from COX.
      This problem has surfaced from time to time for several years but has not been as aggravating as it has since 2017.
      Emails are important when you are receiving them from banks, doctors, family and such.

LisaH
        Hi Jay in AZ. I apologize that you continue to have issues with Cox Webmail. Cox Webmail tends to work better in Google Chrome. Sometimes IE doesn't like the redirects that our website uses. Try this and let us know. Thanks, Lisa - Cox Support Forums Moderator
    Jay_in_AZ
    New Contributor III

Same thing here going on for the last week. "6 months" is being generous. My thread regarding the same problems was locked down after MANY responses regarding the same problems and no solution provided. Hope this thread comes up with a solution. 

• Ultimately the solution to this and a ton of other problems with providers like Cox may involve identifying the people with whom contracts are negotiated to furnish exclusive cable service and press them for remediation when the entity taking our money isn't being responsive or helpful

Jay_in_AZ
    New Contributor III

For 2+ days now I have had to refresh webmail up to 7 times each time in order for the page to show up. I totally avoid opening many emails because I fear timing out on webmail. Some times I give up waiting entirely. BUT occasionally it works.
    I just find it *** odd that ALL other websites load fast, even COX website wanting me to buy something.

Windows 7, IE11 

Becky
      Hi Jay, we're investigating a few reports from other folks on the west coast with reports similar to yours. How do you access Webmail? What URL do you use? Where does the slowness occur? Do you see a white page with three dots and a spinning cursor icon? Does the Inbox shell appear and display three dots in the center while you wait for the Inbox content to load? Does the issue affect each of your Cox.net email accounts? Are you running any Kaspersky security software on your computer? -Becky, Cox Support Forums Moderator