Forum Discussion

ramaee
New Contributor
6 years ago

COX scam e-mail

I have an iMac and use AOL e-mail. I have COX Internet  I keep getting an offer from COX for a $1000 gift card from Walmart for my loyalty. Obviously this is a scam. I can't get rid of it unless I delete the web page it comes in on, walmart.giftcards1.online. It keeps returning after using AOL mail for 4 minutes or so. Is anyone else getting this? I don't know what to do about it.

8 Replies

• Hi Ramaee, are you receiving an email regarding the gift card, or is it being delivered via a pop-up browser window? -Becky, Cox Support Forums Moderator
      ramaee
      New Contributor

Its a pop up browser window.  When I have the E-mail open to look at E-mails, This walmart.giftcards1.online webpage comes on in its own window. I have a picture of it. I never clicked  on it to do anything with it. I just had to Delete the Safari window in its entirety to get rid of it.  Then open Safari again and go on.  It never shows up when I am on Facebook or any other page. Just the E-mail page

Becky
        Hi Ramaee, it is definitely a scam. You are doing the right thing by not clicking on the offer. Are you accessing your AOL mail via desktop software or by logging into https://login.aol.com? -Becky, Cox Support Forums Moderator