Forum Discussion

WackyWRZ
New Contributor
6 years ago
Solved

Cox Modem Firmware CM8200

Hello,

I recently upgraded my modem to a CM8200 and noticed that the latest firmware should be D31CM-PEREGRINE-1.1.1.0-GA-14-NOSH but the modem is currently running D31CM-PEREGRINE-1.0.1.0-GA-04-NOSH.  I called into support to request an update push and was told I need to contact Arris.  Arris say Cox needs to push out the firmware.  Who is right and how do I get the firmware upgraded?

Thanks!

• Hi WackyWRZ, I see that you called this morning to report no connectivity and ultimately scheduled a service call. I was able to reprovision your modem, and also successfully pushed firmware version 1.1.1.0-GA-14 to your device. The modem is online, but with very poor metrics. I suggest that you keep the scheduled service call so an on-site technician can bring your levels into preferred specifications. -Becky, Cox Support Forums Moderator

4 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi WackyWRZ, I see that you called this morning to report no connectivity and ultimately scheduled a service call. I was able to reprovision your modem, and also successfully pushed firmware version 1.1.1.0-GA-14 to your device. The modem is online, but with very poor metrics. I suggest that you keep the scheduled service call so an on-site technician can bring your levels into preferred specifications. -Becky, Cox Support Forums Moderator
        BrianM
        I checked and it looks like your modem already has the latest firmware available.

Brian
        Cox Support Forum Moderator
    WackyWRZ
    New Contributor

Thank you Becky!  Now that you pushed the firmware, I can now at least see the downstream power levels on the modem!  I will keep the appointment open.