Forum Discussion

RalphW
New Contributor III
6 years ago

Email disappeared after midnight last night (8/16/2018)

Sometime after midnight last night all email newer than 19 July 2018 disappeared from my Cox webmail inbox.  Have looked in trash and other folders.  Same result accessing on phone and tablet.  Just finished a chat with Cox help.  She opened a "trend" when I asked to have things restored.  Said it will take 24-48 hours.  She suspected that others in my area were probably having the same problem, but didn't even seem sure of that.

Anyone else have this problem or any suggestions to resolve?

4 Replies

• Hi RalphW, what URL do you use to access your Cox Webmail? -Becky, Cox Support Forums Moderator
      RalphW
      New Contributor III

I have a favorite set to: http://myconnection.cox.com/ on my Chrome browser, but it doesn't matter whether I use that, or myemail.cox.net, or cox.net on my W-10 laptop; or my phone or my Android tablet (either a mail app, or Chrome on them).  I've tried Chrome which I normally use and MS Edge on the laptop.  Have cleared caches and cookies.  Nothing has recovered the messages.

Cox lost those messages.  Certainly you keep a backup of the server?  Don't tell me you don't.  You simply need to restore my mail inbox to what it was at 11:59 pm on 8/15/2018.

LisaH
        RalphW, please send an email to cox.help@cox.com with the information regarding the lost emails and the email address tin question and we will be glad to investigate this further. Thanks, Lisa - Cox Support Forums Moderator