Forum Discussion

rdchisholm
New Contributor
6 years ago

Spam, spam and more spam

I get at least 20-30 spam emails delivered through Cox mail servers even though my spam settings are set to high. Funny that my desktop  McAfee app places most of them in my Outlook spam folder. If McAfee can identify them why not Cox mail servers with maximum spam settings? I send them daily to spamreport@cox.net but I believe this to be a waste of time because the junk keeps delivering....Also should be noted that some legitimate emails do not make it through their servers and I have to use gmail accounts to get them delivered.

6 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    BinAZ
    New Contributor II

I am having the same problem and it appears it has something to do with Cox outsourcing their email servers...though, there have been no permanent solutions provided so far. Prior to this I NEVER received a single spam email in my inbox. Not happy.

Karen_R
    Former Moderator
    Hello Rdchisholm,

Thank you for reaching out to Cox Forum Support. I am truly sorry for the inconvenience and frustration this is causing. Our Email team is investigating this issue with Cox webmail. As a workaround, you can create a filter to automatically discard messages in your spam folder (see steps below). In addition, when the spam emails get to the Inbox, keep marking them as Spam to help "train" the filters. It may take some time for it to work.  If there is anything consistent about the messages you might consider using a filter of your own. Please check the settings on Cox webmail using the settings below. A filter on Cox webmail and on Outlook should reduce the number of spam emails that you receive. Thanks -Karen

1)From the Inbox page click on the gear icon in the upper right corner of the page
    2)Then click on settings
    3)Click Inbox
    4)Click spam settings
    5)Then you will see the option to set up filter rules

https://bit.ly/2yGCBwm
    https://bit.ly/2oygjaA -Karen
      MSinAZ
      New Contributor III

Why doesn't COX have these filters in place for INCOMING email? Why do your users have to become experts at filtering SPAM emails? Cox easily recognizes the spam on their OUTGOING servers, so why aren't those same filters in place for INCOMING emails?

The solutions suggested from Cox representatives on these forums is a useless waste of everybody's time - reporting the SPAM using the "report as spam" button, or sending it to reportspam@cox.net is useless and a waste of time - it changes absolutely NOTHING!

PIB
      New Contributor II

Sorry but your filters don't work. I have many trying to stop all the spam that gets through. Still get the same spam over and over even though I've created many filters to try and stop it. How about not making us paying users try to stop the spam and COX actually do something about it.

PIB
    New Contributor II

I am also getting inundated with spam. I simply cannot understand why Cox hasn't resolved this. How much spam gets through on my Gmail account - NONE!!! Why can't Cox filter spam better? Seriously when spam comes through with an email address 50 characters long it's F&*King Spam! And for the filters? They don't work. I have several filters for "Crepe Erase" and STILL the spam comes through. Seriously enough already! FIX THE PROBLEM COX!

Dr_Still_Bill
      New Contributor II

Just another example of the low-grade service we get from Cox.  Heck, if you have a monopoly, why do you need to provide good service?