Forum Discussion

henrybak68
New Contributor
6 years ago

When will Cox update to Fiber Optics? New Internet is no faster. Still using cable

When will Cox update to Fiber Optics? New Internet is no faster. Still using cable

4 Replies

• Hi Henrybak68. Our infrastructure has been updated to handle gig speeds through the cable lines using a Docsis 3.1 modem. The download speeds should be near 1000 Mbps with a wired connection assuming you have a gig router and a gig network card. The wireless speeds will be around 400+ Mbps down. Right now the upload speeds are 38 Mbps. If you have an issue with your service, please contact us via email at cox.help@cox.com and we will be glad to assist you. Thanks, Lisa - Cox Support Forums Moderator
      CSizelove
      New Contributor

I just had Cox install Gigablast and I am still getting the SAME downloads speeds that I was on Ultimate. Around 250. I would like Cox to fix this as paying extra for the same speeds seems a little off to me.

They replaced my existing Cox Panoramic Wi-Fi Docs3.0 modem with new 3.1 will on site (THATS ALL THEY DID). I am wired in from a desktop and no change to speed tests or to downloads.

MarkM1
        Former Moderator
        CSizelove,

We would like to look into your issue to see why you are not getting your speeds. Would you send us an email to cox.help@cox.com with your name & address along with a link to this post? We can check to see what may be causing your problem at that time.

Mark M.
        Cox Support Forums Moderator
    sdrobert1
    New Contributor

Why does Cox only have Fiber up to the pedestals and not all the way inside homes? Will this be changed in the future?