Forum Discussion

Shortie
New Contributor
6 years ago

How to increase spam filtering?

I don't see in Cox email settings how to increase spam filter.  Does anyone know how to access the spam filter to change?

6 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi Shortie. We do not have a way to increase the spam filtering. If you would to create a filter to catch additional spam, you can go into your email settings by selecting the gear in the top right-hand corner of the page, select settings, select Inbox on the right side under Basic Settings and select filter rules. You can also select each message you want and press the spam button at the top that looks like a zero with a line thru it. By selecting each message and sending it to spam will help our spam filters learn your habits so that it can effectively minimize the amount of spam you receive. Thanks, Lisa - Cox Support Forums Moderator
      cwhitaker89
      New Contributor

I've been sending emails to spam, but now I get a message that says "Total number of spam filter list entry reached maximum value 200". Is there a way to increase this?

The amount of spam I get each day is INSANE!!! 

cwhitaker89
        New Contributor

This happened about two weeks ago. I deleted everything in my Spam folder. But, now the message is back. 

MSinAZ
      New Contributor III

Why can't Cox block these emails from EVER reaching our inbox OR spam mail? We are all receiving thousands upon thousands of spam containing certain key words in from and/or subject: CBD, KETO, CONCEALED CARRY, CANNABIS, MED, PHARM[use regex for anything after PHARM], MCDONALD'S GIFT, AMAZON GIFT, etc. 

There is some major group of spammers using affiliate marketing partners and making millions of dollars by allowing their spam to get through to us! 

Cox - where are you for your customers! This is basic spam filtering - when I tried to forward to cox spam report, you recognized is was spam and would not allow it to go OUT, so why can't you stop it from coming IN? Why do thousands of your customers have to set up the same filters over and over, when you know this is spam and could easily block it at the server level. Why do we have to set up our own filters for flagrant violaters that are sending millions upon millions of spam emails!

MSinAZ
      New Contributor III

Yeah, this does NOT work! The "mark as spam" or "mark as not spam" button do absolutely NOTHING. That is just a lie to say that it will "learn" from our usage and reporting what is and is not spam - I've been getting relentless spam for weeks now. I'm talking 20-50 spam emails PER DAY, and the same or similar spam messages keep coming over and over again, regardless of how often I mark them as "spam" with your little button.

How can you claim to be a customer-focused company when you allow this useless piece of garbage as our email provider!