Forum Discussion

Mlfulton73
New Contributor
6 years ago

Why is gigablast running so slow?

Just upgraded to gigablast. installed new Arris modem as per Cox directions. It has been running a couple of days, but when I run the speed tool, the upload speed is only 37.2 Mbps upload and 601 Mbps download. Why am I not getting 1gig up and down?

4 Replies

• Hi Mlfulton73, your modem metrics are very poor, almost as if an extraneous line filter left over from the days of analog video is impacting your network signal. I suggest a service call. If you'd like my team to help you schedule a service call, email us at cox.help@cox.com. Be sure to include your full name, address, and a link to this thread in your email. -Becky, Cox Support Forums Moderator
    ChrisL
    Former Moderator
    @Mlfulton73

Gigablast service is provisioned at 35Mbps upload so it sounds like that speed is correct. As for the download, can you try connecting a computer directly to the modem and testing?

rmajr
    New Contributor

Wish you luck - I'm on my 4th technician tomorrow. Went from 150-300-Gigablast and my speeds improved from 150 to 280 at best. Ever since the outage occurred twice over the last week, my service hasn't been the same. (Southwest Las Vegas).

PGDUFFY
    New Contributor

Upgraded to Gigablast. Bought the modem at the cox store. Ran a speed test before and after. Its slower than the 3.0 modem. Tech came over and measured of the coax that I was getting the advertised speed. Hooked up my brand new Mac to the modem directly and was showing 150/28. Tech was no help.