Forum Discussion

MarieR50
New Contributor
6 years ago

Internet Latency Cannot maintain a solid connection Packet Loss

I have Cox 300mps (or so they say). I am in North West Las Vegas. For the last month I keep losing full internet connection on my TV, Phone or laptop. When it drops about 20 times a day/night it can last for 10 seconds to 2 minutes. I tried to chat with Cox support and they disconnected twice from the chat - no help there. I have NOTHING hooked up to the Arris SB6183 modem other than the router.  I have 1 cell phone, 1 Macbook and 1 Amazon Fire Stick that uses this wifi connection.  Today I did a factory reset on the SB6183. The internet shows that it has been "up" for 4 hours now.  However, when attempting to stream anything the connection skips; doesn't drop all the way but skips. My cell phone will show the wifi not available and then available with about a .5sec latency.   Resetting the modem seems to have made it worse.   I have also received "Dynamic Range Window Violation" and consistent T3 - no response received. I have no splitters on the inside of the house and have no cable TV. I also have more Uncorrectables than Correctables.  In reading trough multiple websites and new and old forum posts.  I see that this is a consistent issue with Cox Internet but I can't seem to find anywhere that this is fixable and how to fix it. Any suggestions?

1 Reply

• Hi MarieR50, if your internet connection drops as often as you stated, perhaps contacting Technical Support via online chat wasn't your best choice. I see you had a service call on 8/8/18. Has your internet connectivity improved at all since the tech’s visit? -Becky, Cox Support Forums Moderator