Forum Discussion

laxislife
New Contributor
6 years ago

webmail down???

Has anyone else been having trouble logging into webmail?? I think the server was hacked because I have been receiving a ton of spam emails from my "contacts", and I have never received spam emails before. Does anyone know if the server is down or what is happening? 

3 Replies

Jay_in_AZ
    New Contributor III

It's been down for me a lot this year. It was briefly working 20 hours ago. When it was working I had to block and delete 15 or so 'bot spam emails.

BinAZ
    New Contributor II

Same exact situation for me, too, laxislife. Are you still having the same problem? Cox apparently outsourced their email servers.  I probably receive about 30 spoofed spam emails from my "contacts" every day.  Not happy!!

Jay_in_AZ
      New Contributor III

Webmail has been working fine for over 3 weeks now BUT yesterday it was slower than dial-up BUT wasn't just restricted to webmail. The whole Internet was slooooooowwwwwww. Today the speed is good though.
      My spoof emails are annoying too. You'd think someone could reverse engineer a way to verify if sender was an actual person or not and disable the source.