Forum Discussion

alleyoop
New Contributor
6 years ago

I have a Roku Smart TV

About 3x a day I have to shut my modem off and then on again because I lose the connection, either the sound disappears, or it freezes up or simply goes offline. What can I do with this, any ideas?  Its getting ridiculous, its not my TV, its my service.  Cox is telling me that it will cost me $75 for them to come and find out what is wrong, why should I have to pay for this lousy service and being disconnected like this every single day.

2 Replies

Bruce
    Honored Contributor III

Could be a low Quality-of-Service (QoS) setting on your router.  Is your TV wired or wireless?

• Hi Alleyoop, first, allow me to clarify the service call fee. If you schedule a service call and the issue is found to be in Cox-owned equipment or outside your home, there will be no charge for the service call. Now, allow me to get a better understanding of what is happening. Is your Roku/Smart TV connected to your home network wirelessly, or wired via an ethernet cord to the router? Do you experience a loss of connectivity on all your internet-connected devices (computers, cell phones, tablets, etc.) when you have streaming issues on your TV? -Becky, Cox Support Forums Moderator