Forum Discussion

Silas
New Contributor
6 years ago

spam in e-mail

I just received an e-mail from Cox that says I have exceeded that number of e-mails that I have blocked (which are obviously spam).  Also, it seems like the more e-mails I block the more I receive.  This is extremely annoying and I do not appreciate being told I have exceeded my limit.  I am seriously thinking about dropping Cox - has anyone else had experience with this.

5 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    yak
    Contributor III

I don't work for Cox.  How many addresses have you blocked?  My first worry was that the "exceeded" email was an attempt to get you to click on a link.  But it doesn't sound like it had a link.  You are the first person to report this "exceeded" email but there probably will be others since the amount of spam arriving in inboxes has increased in the last 3 months.

Silas
      New Contributor

You are right - there was not a link to click on  - I would have to guess upwards of 150 for sure.  They wanted me to go to my list and deselect some of the web address so it must be a set limit.

Bruce
    Honored Contributor III

Just curious:  how many addresses have you blocked?  If it's a rounded number (300), perhaps there is a limit.  That'd be awful.

Silas
      New Contributor

It's hard to say but I would have to guess at least 5 every day for the last month (and that would be a conservative guess)

Bruce
        Honored Contributor III

Hmm...let me see...5 × 30 = twelvteen.