This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Experiencing slow upload speed

The last week and a half or so I've been experiencing slow upload speeds (10-17 Mbps). I normally get 29-33 all day long, my plan is a 300/30. Feels like my upload speed is being throttled. My download speeds are roughly in the low to mid 200's (Docsis 3.0 modem)  Doesn't matter what part of the day I've tried to run speed tests to verify it hasn't made a difference. Having my modem plugged directly into any of my computers via ethernet vs through a router doesn't make a difference either. Here is signal for my modem DPQ3212

Power Level: Signal to Noise Ratio:
Channel 1: -2.1 dBmV 39.4 dB
Channel 2: -2.7 dBmV 39.2 dB
Channel 3: -1.9 dBmV 39.1 dB
Channel 4: -2.6 dBmV 39.1 dB
Channel 5: -2.4 dBmV 39.5 dB
Channel 6: -2.4 dBmV 38.6 dB
Channel 7: -2.3 dBmV 38.5 dB
Channel 8: -2.5 dBmV 37.5 dB

Power Level:
Channel 1: 44.5 dBmV
Channel 2: 44.5 dBmV
Channel 3: 45.0 dBmV
Channel 4: 45.8 dBmV
Parents Reply
  • I have been unplugging the power and pulling the internal battery out for 20 seconds to 'cycle' the modem.

Oh ok. That works too, but I find the button easier. ::edit:: 

Does pressing the reset button on the modem have a different outcome then just doing a delayed power cycle? 

I "thought" it did when I had mine, but since there is no way to really check it, it's hard to tell. It did seem to make it take longer to reboot, so I took that as a factory reset. If nothing else, it can't hurt.

I will stop by my local cox store on my way home from work

Just what ever you do, do NOT have them sell/rent/give you a phone gateway with built in wifi. It will conflict with the wifi router you already have. Cox is trying to push them on more and more people, so get ready for resistance. The problem is there doesn't seem to be a elegant solution for someone in your situation. Hopefully the store will have a answer for you. Good luck!

Children