Forum Discussion

im5049
New Contributor
6 years ago

missing emails

I have found out that some emails sent to my cox.net email address never show up. I use Outlook as my email client

One was an email from Maricopa county. A person there said it has been sent 3 times, but it shows up in none of the folders in Outlook. Another is an email I sent to myself as a reminder. It is in my sent mail folder, but never showed up. 

What could be going on?

3 Replies

mkehoe1
    New Contributor

Have you logged into the Cox Webmail directly and checked there? Don't just rely on Outlook, or any 3rd party program that logs into an actual email service to download your emails for you. Also check things like spam folders.

im5049
      New Contributor

I have checked webmail directly. Very unreliable. Sometimes it says my inbox is empty; sometimes there is just a handful of new emails.

Also, nothing in spam folders, junk folders, or any folder. I searched them all. The one that makes the least sense is an email from myself at cox.net. to myself. That one did not arrive even though it is in my sent email folder.

mkehoe1
        New Contributor

That's very odd. I've been using their email for a decade or more, never had that problem. Email can take a short while to arrive sometimes, like 10-20 minutes, but that can happen for a variety of reasons.