Forum Discussion

Vegas-Cox-Subsc
New Contributor
6 years ago

Internet dropouts and inconsistent speed with Gigablast

Hello,

This is my first time posting here so bear with me please. I'm pulling my hair out dealing with an intermittent issue at my house here in Las Vegas, NV. Over the past 6 months the internet has been very inconsistent and the modem will just drop internet. This lasts usually a few minutes and then it returns to normal. Speeds have also fluctuated widely. The lights on the modem seem to stay on during the problem, but there's no bandwidth for devices connected over wifi or LAN. I'll post some snapshots from the modem below with the hopes that you all can provide tips on troubleshooting. The layout is such that I have the cable line coming from the street feeding to one port in the house with no splitters or amplifiers. I'm an internet only subscriber with Gigablast service. I recently upgraded to gigablast because I was having the same problems with the 300MB service and I figured that maybe the gigablast service would compensate for the dropouts and slow connections with the increased overall available speed. That doesn't seem to be the case. See the below upstream and downstream snapshot as well as a few of the errors showing up in the log. I'm a novice when it comes to interpreting this stuff, so any help is much appreciated. I also just had a cox technician out today who tested the lines outside and inside and didn't find any problems.

No RepliesBe the first to reply