Forum Discussion

internetJunkie
New Contributor II
6 years ago

Mail not coming in again. That lasted a month

Can receive but not send. same error last time. frustrated to say in the least! FIX IT! I says contact ISP . YOU say contact manufacturers of Outlook....... what???????? On the side internet is molasses slow. dropping out BUT Cox ALWAYS says is on my end. Cox come on, do something, stop blaming others computers etc.......... 

4 Replies

• see my post from weeks prior mirroring yours, obliviously its not going to get fixed for long, that would require an investment on there end

• Hi internetJunkie. Please check the outgoing server settings in Outlook for the email account you are having the issue with and send us that information to assist you. Thanks, Lisa Cox Support Forums Moderator
      internetJunkie
      New Contributor II

exact words (from the FORUM)  2 months ago: I've been having a constant problem for several months now with our Cox email. We can receive but not send. I've changed all the ports and whatnot to the ones Cox told us to in January, and it was fine till March. The message I receive is: (0x800CCC6F) an internal error in outgoing mail. Contact ISP if it continues. server responded : 554 eastrmimpo.305.net.cox connection refused from 68.10.147.45.

mkehoe1
    New Contributor

OK, what is the port you have it set to for the outgoing mail? We are using Outlook just fine. We had to make the same changes a few months ago, but once we did that everything worked as it should. Should be:

smtp.cox.net

Use one of the following outgoing SMTP ports:

• 587 with TLS enabled
    • 465 with SSL enabled and check the authentication box, if available