Forum Discussion

Thomas_New_Orle
New Contributor
6 years ago

Frequent outages consistently low speeds, and no help from customer service.

My internet goes out almost everyday here in New Orleans. When I do have a connection I average around 14mbps download when I am paying for the the preferred package that should be getting 100bps. I have the panorama modem as well so it is not a hardware issue. Without warning they shut my internet down for ingress and I had to schedule an appointment with a technician. That meant missing a day of working and waiting for the technician to arrive hours later then our scheduled appointment. He ran a new cable from the street and just stapled it to the old one. He couldn't even be bothered to remove it. It fixed nothing and I am still dealing with the same issues. I've spent many on the phone with tech support and its always the same. If I had another option for internet I would switch in a heart beat. However they are a monopoly in New Orleans and I don't have another option for highspeed internet. If I could do without internet I absolutely would, but its not a luxury anymore, it is a utility. I need highspeed internet for my business, and dsl or phone tethering just doesn't provide the speeds I need. 
Does anyone have any solutions on how to deal with Cox? Is there anything I can do?

No RepliesBe the first to reply