Forum Discussion

Yomny
New Contributor
6 years ago

Slow Youtube streaming on mobile devices

As stated in title trying to watch anything on Youtube over my mobile devices, be it iOS or Android is nearly impossible.

I'm running 100mb through Cox so I don't think its a speed issue. Problem is WiFi on mobile devices and it is just Wifi.  I don't have any issues with laptops or PC using same WiFi network.  I've tried pretty much all the common stuff you could do including the DNS change.  I called my cell carrier just to be certain but the problem is WiFi related.  Some one suggested trying a VPN and voila! Youtube HD videos played instantly, no loading or freezing.  Cox, whats happening?  

PS- I did mention I tried most things and this includes calling COX about my problem and they have no solution, basically got a shrug after they tried their basic solutions.  Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    kgeo752
    New Contributor

I’ve notice the same issue on my iPhone and iPad during the past 6 weeks or so.

LisaH
      If you turn off wifi and just use your mobile data, does it work? If not, then it is an issue with the app you are using. You can also forget the network on your mobile devices and reconnect to it. You will need your network name and password before doing this. If you need further assistance, you can contact us via cox.help@cox.com and we will be glad to assist you one on one. Thanks and have a great evening. - Lisa, Cox Support Forums Moderator