Forum Discussion

DCuster49
New Contributor
6 years ago

Web Site issue

Help!  No one at Cox has been able to answer the question I have, sp hoping some of you can help.  After 4 days - so far, I am still experiencing issues with the whole WiFi set up.  

A tech came out yesterday and worked on the issue for hours, replaced the modem, and then was not able to complete the activation.  Hours later, internet service was restored.  NOW, I go to the Cox site this morning to change the wireless network names and passwords and the Cox site cannot find the modem.  

Anyone know what the issue is?  I can run a speed test.  I cannot see data usage, and I cannot connect through the site to my modem.  Any and all help appreciated.  I'm very tech knowledgeable and worked in telecom/wireless for over 30 years.  I can manage this on my own if the tools are available.  

Today, after about 20 minutes on the phone with a completely untrained rep, she tells me it's their site that is down.   She could not explain what the issue was or when it would be fixed and kept apologizing for the issue.  Okay, fine, but I want information, not apologies.  

1 Reply

• Hi DCuster49, if the links that Wider provided don't include the information you need, please email our team (cox.help@cox.com) with your full name, address, and a link to this page. -Becky, Cox Support Forums Moderator