Forum Discussion

Chase
New Contributor III
6 years ago

Disgusted with spam problem

In the past 12 days, I have moved 74 spam emails from my inbox to my spam folder. A few months ago and Many years prior to this I had zero spam emails for very long periods of time and never had any multiple spam problems whatsoever. Something is very wrong at Cox to have not resolved this problem. When I phoned Cox, I was told that many customers have been complaining about a recent increase in receiving spam. I dread having to change my cox email address to another company after having this account for many years, but if this continues, that may be my only solution. Has anyone else quit using Cox email due to this problem? (Chase)

8 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    mrfixitnv
    New Contributor

I have experienced the same thing, more and more SPAM. I started blocking SPAM emails and just today got a notice from COX webmail that I had exceeded the limit for blocked email addresses. It seems that COX would analyze the blocked email lists and block the most frequently blocked addresses across their email domain. Or let me block all from given domains like consumerbest.com which seems to be a huge offender. HOPEFULLY COX looks at these posts..... COX, are you out there?

Chase
      New Contributor III

mrfixitnv, That sure is a slap in the face from Cox for you to not be able to block all of this spam. After 16 years of great email service with Cox, I'm seriously considering a major change to another provider--probably GMail. It seems the service at Cox has gone way, way downhill. Thank you, mrfixitnv, for your comments. I'm sure there are countless people who are just as upset as we are and not posting it. (Chase)

mmw
    New Contributor

I was just about to post about the same thing, the spam emails are out of control, yet COX is moving valid emails to my spam folder. I see they also took away all the settings where you could filter and adjust. Their email service has been terrible for years. When I call Customer Service about it all they tell me is "its free email what do you expect" REALLY!??! First of all it is no 'free' if you do not have services with COX that you PAY FOR you can not have a COX email account. For what COX charges for their services you would think they would put out a better email product.

Chase
      New Contributor III

mmw, Thank you for your feedback. I got more spam again, today. I just wish we could go back to when no spam would arrive when opening the inbox. It used to be the best for many, many years--as you may recall, too. (Chase)

mmw
    New Contributor

I was just about to post about the same thing, the spam emails are out of control, yet COX is moving valid emails to my spam folder. I see they also took away all the settings where you could filter and adjust. Their email service has been terrible for years. When I call Customer Service about it all they tell me is "its free email what do you expect" REALLY!??! First of all it is no 'free' if you do not have services with COX that you PAY FOR you can not have a COX email account. For what COX charges for their services you would think they would put out a better email product.

socalgal2018
    New Contributor II

Yes, I have seen a definite increase with Spam getting through. Not only that, but I have reported the same emails as Spam more than 10 times and they are still getting through. Cox needs better Spam filters.

And the email is not free, I pay a lot of money for my Cox Internet service.

Chase
      New Contributor III

socalgal2018, I greatly appreciate you for sharing what you have endured. What annoys me is that service before this was outstanding and I would tell others about how much I liked Cox and taught many others how to avoid spam by using BCC with multiple emails, etc. Gmail is starting to look better with each and every spam I continue to receive because of this horrible service from Cox. (Chase)

• and yeah, any forum moderators out there??? not that there's much you can say.  i don't know how to contact the webmail "team" that has supposedly been "working a ticket" on my spam complaint...exactly like this one...since may 16th or 17th? i'd like to say there's been NO improvement on either blocking phishing scams from my inbox OR marking spam that i've told you a hundred times IS NOT SPAM! from my spam folder. i'll get two mails a day from some organizations & while that is annoying enough...IT IS NOT SPAM! and one will go to spam & one will come to my inbox. 

i'm done with this.  you cannot produce.  and i am changing my password in 2 days so you'll have to get out. unless someone contacts me.

like others said, refusing to give credit because "we don't change for email" is **.  we pay plenty for email.  it's just not a line item. but it sure as hell must be included for the internet charge because that is waaaay more than an old technology should cost.