Forum Discussion

AceH
New Contributor
6 years ago

Range Extender other than the one from cox that works with Cox Panoramic wifi router/modem

I recently had to re-do a new account with Cox Communications.  I was informed about a package that included Cox Panoramic WiFi router/modem.  Since I already had a LInksys router and WiFi extender that works pretty well, I was at first skeptical.  I decided to try the Panoramic WiFi router/modem.  When I got home I set everything up with little trouble.  I reset my Linksys Extender to factory default thinking I would redo the connection with the Panoramic WiFi router/modem.  Silly me the Panoramic router/modem does not recognize the Linksys Extender so there's no pairing of these two devices.  So now the consumer has to RENT the Panoramic WiFi  router/modem and the Extender....I should have known this from the start.  So now I'll take a bold step and ask if there's a range extender OTHER THAN the one from COX that will work with the Panoramic WiFi router/modem?

1 Reply

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi. The only range extenders that won't work with the panoramic gateway are MoCA extenders. Our extenders are MoCA extenders but are the only ones compatible with the panoramic gateway. Please let us know of you have any additional questions or concerns. Thanks, Lisa - Cox Support Forums Moderator