Forum Discussion

Parakeet49
New Contributor II
6 years ago

Deleting spam articles

Why is it that when I delete Spam items from my inbox I still have to then delete them from the Trash? This seems to be a duplication of efforts. If something is Spam and I delete it, that should be the end of it. Is there any way around this? This is quite apart from the fact that the deleting process is much slower since the "upgrade" of the internet service. 

6 Replies

• Hi Parakeet49, messages that remain in the Spam folder for more than twenty-one (21) days are subject to deletion without notice. I usually mark Inbox items as Spam and then forget about them. I know they will eventually be deleted from the Spam folder without further action on my part. -Becky, Cox Support Forums Moderator
      Pegasus
      New Contributor

I have the same issue, in addition to having to delete same messages twice or send to spam folder twice. Any comments?

CarolLM
        Former Moderator
        Hi Pegasus, messages that remain in the Spam folder for more than twenty-one (21) days are subject to deletion without notice. I usually mark Inbox items as Spam and then forget about them. I know they will eventually be deleted from the Spam folder without further action on my part. -Carol, Cox Support Forums Moderator
      socal_transplan
      Contributor III

uh becky...as of today (last time i checked that's 6/26/2018) i have spam as far back as 4/28/2018?

are you telling me that's the result of the "ticket" being worked on my spam issues?

LisaH
        Hi Socal Transplant. Check today and see if those messages have been deleted. If not, please email us and let us know so that we can address this. Regarding the issue with chrome, have you deleted browsing history from all time under advanced, close it and open it again and go to myemail.cox.net and sign in? You may need to block pop-ups and see if that works. Thanks, Lisa - Cox Support Forums Moderator
    MagnumMike
    New Contributor II

They, Cox Communications, or whoever wrote the new Webmail application did a horrible job in many aspects because I spend a lot more time every day going through my email to get rid of junk/SPAM emails, which is also a very slow process because the server is very slow. The one thing that I've also noticed with SPAM emails, I get emails from legitimate sources that end up in the SPAM folder, even though I use the "Thumbs Up" icon at the top to let the application know that the email(s) is not SPAM, which moves the marked email to the Inbox. To me, if you mark an item as "Not SPAM", it should automatically recognize it as legit, but it doesn't, it still goes into the SPAM folder. It's ridiculous, I've worked in IT and though not every issue can be caught before an application is released for production, it seems like the Webmail application never went through the QA cycle like it should have, before being released. .